Sunday 4 December 2011

Wanna see what you wind up.....

There is much activity, well equipment activity at Hunts lock. I was surprised how wide the feed was to the ground paddle. You could certainly fit a body in there and when you imagine the draw to fill the lock you would not swim away from it....


Most of the brick work is in good condition. The section under the tarps is being hacked out to be replaced. Interesting to note the water table where the lock walls have dried out to.

One thing I was not aware of was the new rail crossing at Keepers lock.....


Today was a tale of two halves re the weather. After a cooked breakfast I took Leai off for a walk. There were plenty of mushrooms/toadstool about... I ate about half a dozen....


.....of the ones from the Coop in Alrewas. I'm sure I'd be feeling ill if I'd eaten this, red means danger in nature? It was a really nice walk

A few jobs done on the boat then the wind and rain came and the second half of the day was spent reading papers and drinking coffee... not all bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice pictures of the empty lock and i really liked your previous blog.

Norwyn
NB Shell Bell