Sunday 14 June 2009

Quite T&M at Stone

The weather was too nice not to be on the motorbike today so I snuck off on my own for a trip to Stone.

Stone is a place I think I'd like to retire to or move to. It hasn't had the wannabe city makeover that Derby has. So many of our cities are the same now. One thing about travelling on a boat is you get to see some untouched towns - long may they last.

One thing was obvious was how quite the Trent and Mersey was today. The 48 hour moorings above star lock were empty when I rrived and there was only one boat on the 12 hour shopping moorings (where we broke down last year !)

When ever we have been through Stone it always seems busy. I didn't check the 14 day mooring below Star lock though.



I have to have a canal fix and today was it. On the way back I called into Mercia to make arrangements to cruise on Coopers Pride. Ian seemed busy so I'll leave the arrangements to email later.......

We are off again on Waterlily next weekend with crew changes a plenty... more to follow.


Enjoy the sun, I am typing this in my back garden on my wifi on my diddy Sony.

No comments: