Thursday 21 May 2009

Serenity prayer

I recently posted about the cost of living aboard.. clickty My post was based around the cost to keep my car on the road for a year. A few days later and my other car (brought for one of my sons) needs a new clutch and some work on the brakes Cher-ching that'll be £400 quid please sir ! He reminded me it was not his car until he passed his test - thanks son.

There is no more obvious cost saving living (and cruising) aboard than loosing a car or cars. Well over a thousand pounds before depreciation kick in.

I really need to stop thinking about these things.....

Got me thinking of the Serenity Prayer,

God grant me the serenity;
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

This is the entire prayer:

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.


Not to sure about the second half but the first seven lines are very applicable to living afloat.

Interesting this prayer was adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous - say it all really, pass the gin please mother !

No comments: