Thursday 14 May 2009

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."--Chinese

Some while ago I posted about decluttering I am pleased to say I have been good.

Over the weekend I filled a skip - mainly garden stuff but there was stuff that went in that I had been 'saving'. My real proud point is I am holding firm on not buying stuff I really don't need. I thought I needed a 22 inch monitor but then would have a spare to get rid of (and 22 inch monitor would be too big for a boat)

I still wake up to my Ikea wind up alarm clock and it still makes me think about clutter every time I turn it off.

I'm being good just need to hold firm...........

Nev

2 comments:

Keith Lodge said...

Well done Nev. Now don't you feel so much better LOL.
When we decluttered to move onto our last boat, it was wonderful. We really felt invigorated after sending all the stuff to Cancer Research, meaning that in our process we were helping to raise money for a good cause. We also dumped a lot of stuff in a skip. Funny thing was a gentleman then knocked on the door and asked if he could take items out of the skip for his own use. I guess that was recycling.....

Nev Wells said...

Jo,

Certainly was recycling in my book. I hate throwing stuff away but I hate clutter more.....

We did car boot sales in the past but they really are not nice - it can be like a scrum first thing then people get daft over wanting your stuff but not wanting to pay for it.... We had a lady who spent ages looking and examining some old clip folders we had we were offering them at 10p each and she was knocking us down - I ended up giving them to her ! Now like you our entire surplus goes to charity wherever possible. I'm a big believer in paying it forward, we have been so very fortunate in our lives we feel we should pass it on wherever possible. I must blog about Kiva some time.....