Wednesday 15 April 2009

York and proud of it

Not quite the name of the boater who came past on Monday while we were moored up on the Fradley visitor moorings, but I'm sure you get the idea.

He got the tit of the day award from me as he came past at what seemed like normal cruising speed. I was trying to top up my batteries at the time so you might imagine I popped up to look to see who had made the job a tad harder.

Anyhow by the time I had got out of the engine hole he was right up against the top gate on Keepers lock with his crew gesturing for him to back up as they could not open the top gate - even if they could as the lock was nothing like near full. There was plenty of white water from his prop plus some frantic pushing off the poor boat moored up on the non towpath side.

Quality entertainment.

I have no idea what he was thinking....... I doubt he was doing any thinking and that was his problem................

O dear two boater moans in a week. Positive blogs on the way - promise

Nev

No comments: