Saturday 5 July 2008

Bathrooms DIY and sanctuary

So today I have ripped out (or very carefully dismantled) the sink and cupboard in Waterlily's bathroom. Why have I done this.....? So it is easier for large people to shower, why now - because I have a large person due on board for a short break (checking if John reads my blog)

Seriously I do not like having a shower on Waterlily. and I'm (ahem) rather slimmer than most !! However I have realised that messing with the innards of my boat is not therapeutic at all - I need a sense of stability, calm and alrightness (I don't care if that is not a proper word - it now lives in my dictionary) I will not be doing too many more of these types of jobs. The only big thing will be a full paint job - any recommendations?

So the present position is no sink, pipes going nowhere with some tiling to do then connect it all back together and shower in more comfort - it sounds better already (that and the wine I'm drinking)

So the boat is a DIY place at the moment and I am not happy about that.

I need to cruise on my boat !!!!!!

4 comments:

Nb Yarwood said...

Nev
Think of it as making Waterlily even more YOUR boat by making the changes that YOU want..
Happy DIY..
NB Caxton

Nev Wells said...

Hi and thanks for taking the time to respond and give me some reassurance !

It does take some time to make a boat your own, so yes I will take your advice. I'm sure when she's all back together again it will be worth it !

Take care

Nev

MortimerBones said...

When it is done it will be fantastic, and you will love it. There is no point having an ablution room that cant be used for showering! Living in a building site isn't the ideal situation, but you can still go cruising, AND when it is done you will feel so proud of yourself. Just make sure you finish it! One step at a time! Once you get going you will be amazed with what you can acheive, not only in terms of the bathroom, but in terms of pushing your own boundaries of comfort.

Nev Wells said...

Bones,

Many thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I suppose I have the benefit of not having to live in the mess as you and other live-a-boards do.

It will be finished and I will be happy, It will be finished and I will be happy It will be finished and I will be happy It will be finished and I will be happy It will be finished and I will be happy It will be finished and I will be happy It will be finished and I will be happy It will be finished and I will be happy

There I feel better already - the benefit of positive typing !

Now about this time last year we were stuck the wrong side of Braunston tunnel.........